Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Good and Lazy Days of Summer!

Yesterday was my husband's birthday. The gift he wanted most was the arrival of Aerith Eden Owen, our first grandchild. Though our daughter looks ready to pop, L'il Socks didn't come. Poor Byron had to settle for music DVDs and a gift card from Home Depot.

The day brought good news for me though. My poem, "A Love Song from the Sea," which I read at the SUMMER CHILLS event at Willard Library a couple of weeks ago, has found a home in the upcoming anthology "POEtry: without apologies," edited by Stephen M. Wilson. Other poets whose works will appear are Joe Haldeman, Jane Yolen, Brian Aldiss, Michael Bishop, Bruce Boston, Marge Simon, Patrick O'Leary, Linda Addison, Elizabeth Hand, Michael A. Arnzen, Charlee Jacob, David Niall Wilson, Corine deWinter, Claire Cooney, and others. I'm humbled and thrilled. Though I have been writing poetry since I was 8 or 9, this is my first sale.

Finding homes for my writing is the best affirmation I know. It also provides the very best kick in the ass for writing more!

In fact, I'm going to write now...

Best
Judi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.